My newsletter, Learning Out Loud, comes out every second and fourth Friday of the month. It weaves together the different themes and issues I care about, adding in a sprinkling of personal updates and what I’ve been reading, watching or listening to.
- Five ways to be more intentional with virtual meetings (2020, Medium blog)
- A Facilitator’s Handbook (2021, Active Gloucestershire)
- Learning to Facilitate (2021, Medium blog)
- Why drumming = facilitation (2021, Medium blog)
Working papers and briefing notes
- Navigating Adaptive Approaches for Development Progarmmes: A Guide for the Uncertain (2020, ODI Working Paper)
- Linking Constituent Engagement and Adaptive Management: Lessons from Practitioners (2020, ODI Working Paper co-authored with Stephanie Buell and Megan Campbell)
- LearnAdapt: a synthesis of our work on adaptive programming with DFID/FCDO (2017–2020) (2021, ODI Briefing Note co-authored with Ed Laws, Alina Rocha Menocal and Emma Proud).
Blog posts and workshop reports
- Organisational Culture for Learning and Adaptation (2018, workshop report)
- Managing the Donor-Implementer Relationship (2018, workshop report)
- The Long and the Short of It: Responding to immediate needs while pursuing long-term goals (2020, Medium blog / workshop report)
- Four ways development practitioners can learn from private sector approaches (2020, Medium blog)
- Discussing adaptive approaches for development programmes (2020, Medium blog / workshop report. Includes video)
- Listening, Learning and Adapting (2020, Medium blog / workshop report. Includes video).
- LearnAdapt: Lessons from three years of adaptive management (2021, contribution to blog post – see, “Linking adaptive management to other approaches and agendas“)
- Saturday Morning Reading archive (2014-2016, weekly summary of the best things I read that week)
- Doing development differently: who we are, what we’re doing and what we’re learning (2016, ODI, co-authored with Leni Wild, Matt Andrews and Helen Dempster).
- Why we need to lose control to change the system: Reflections from OPEN 2019 (2019, blog post hosted by Losing Control)
- Creating space for faith and ‘race’ in the coordinated community response to domestic abuse: SAFE Communities Impact Report (2020, co-authored with Huda Jawad, NB: direct link to download report)